Finance and account unit
Finance and Acounts is the unit under Ministry of Water and Irrigation is responsible for Revenue,Cash flow and Pre-Audit/Examiniation in the ministry.This Unit is headed by the Chief Accountant.
The activities of the Unit are:-
- Timely preparation and payment of salaries
- Proper payroll management
- Budget for personnel emoluments
- Submission of voucher list to the Treasury
- Collection of all cheques from Treasury
- Banking cash and cheques
- Preparation of monthly flash report
- Payment of cash/cheques to employees/customers (service Provider)
- Batching of paid vouchers
- Maintenance of cash book
- Preparation and effecting all payments.
- Collection of all revenues
- Manage the revenue according to regulations and guidelines
- Collect annual rent, application fees and other impositions
- Supervise the collection of revenue.
- Timely preparation of pension papers
- Maintenance of pension records
- Prepare budget
- Monitor expenditure
Pre - Audit/Examination
- Ensure proper documentation to support vouchers, including authorisation according to regulations
- Ensure adherence to the relevant acts, regulations, circulars etc
- Reply all Audit queries raised during the previous financial year.